International Student Program
Nestled in the rolling hills of eastern Pennsylvania, The King’s Academy provides a safe, warm and wholesome environment for international students from many countries. While located in a more rural area, we provide many learning experiences with our high school students to Philadelphia, New York City. and Washington D.C – just an hour and half to three hours away.
Over the years, The King’s Academy has hosted international students from over a dozen countries, including Armenia, Bolivia, Brazil, China, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Rwanda, Spain, South Korea, Tanzania, Thailand, Ukraine and Vietnam.
A Host Family Program
- International students attending The King’s Academy reside with English-speaking host families. We believe living with American families enhances the international experience and provides more academic, social and emotional support than a boarding dorm.
- Host families are carefully chosen by The King’s Academy after a background and reference check and personal interviews.
- Orientation and ongoing support is provided for both host families and international students.
How to Apply – Fall or Spring Semesters
We welcome international students for grades 8-12 and issue I-20s for diploma-seeking students (F-1 visas).
We accept students for both first and second semester. For 19-20, the start of the first semester is August 26, 2019. The start of the second semester is January 21, 2020. Ideally, parents should contact us 45 days before the start of the semester.
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest
- Documentation from TOEFL Junior or iTEP Slate exam
- A scan of a recent photo of applicant
The King’s Academy will provide part one of our application to be completed and submitted. Information regarding finances and a family handbook will be included for you to review. Applicant should complete application and submit it along with the application fee.
A video interview will be scheduled after we receive the completed application materials. The interview will conclude with a writing assignment the student will complete at that time.
Following the interview, part two of the application will be emailed to the student.
Once the final application materials are received, a decision will be made regarding acceptance. If the student is accepted, a letter of acceptance will be emailed to the family. The I-20 and the official letter of acceptance will be sent to the family by FedEx after the full tuition and fees are paid.
We'd love to meet you!
There is no better way to get to know The King's Academy community than experiencing it first hand. Whether you are looking for more information on our community, academic program or student leadership training, we would love to meet you.