International Student Program
The King’s Academy welcomes international students to our high school program. We issue I-20s for diploma-seeking students (F-1 visas). Recent international students have attended TKA from Armenia, Bolivia, Brazil, China, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Rwanda, Spain, South Korea, Tanzania, Thailand, Ukraine and Vietnam.
International Program Philosophy
- International students attending The King’s Academy reside with host families. We believe living with American families enhances the international experience and provides more academic, social and emotional support than a boarding dorm.
- Host families are carefully chosen by The King’s Academy after a background and reference check and personal interviews.
- Orientation and ongoing support is provided for both host families and international students.
How to Apply
Submit the following to Barbara Wilcox, Director of International Student Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Letter of interest
2. Documentation from TOEFL Junior or iTEP Slate exam
3. A scan of a recent photo of applicant
The King’s Academy will provide part one of our application to be completed and submitted. Information regarding finances and a family handbook will be included for you to review.
A video interview will be scheduled after we receive the completed application materials. The interview will conclude with a writing assignment the student will complete at that time.
Following the interview, part two of the application will be emailed to the student.
Once the final application materials are received, a decision will be made regarding acceptance. If the student is accepted, a letter of acceptance will be emailed to the family. The I-20 and the official letter of acceptance will be sent to the family by FedEx after the full tuition and fees are paid.
We'd love to meet you!
There is no better way to get to know The King's Academy community than experiencing it first hand. Whether you are looking for more information on our community, academic program or student leadership training, we would love to meet you.